manufacturing wind screen arrangement and doors
The last few days I spent a little time on developing and designing the wind screen with its sunblind and panel. That’s for sure one of the most challanging part of the car. Especially the sunblind with its ellipsoid like shape. First I had in mind, that I’ll be able to produce that piece in one part. But I recognised that its not possible to do that in paper. At the end it got a three part item. I’m not really happy with this, but I think it’s not possible to do it better. There were a few points where I thought to try to make it in plastic…
Now there are only a few things missing till I can finish the monocoque with a mat lacquer – the Audi isn’t clear polished like an F1 car.
That means, that I finally can start with the manufacturing of the engine/gearbox part next week. The week before last, I also did the first drawings for the gearbox beside learning. So there the main research is done also.