carbon fibre coating of the R18s monocoque
Last week I finished the inner structure and carbon fibre coating of the monocoque. It’s a bit tricky to get the parts in that way to look like one single part after glueing them together. For sure I tried to glue the carbon fibre sheets in the right direction. But especially of the footwell area there exist no(!) photos. I took help from the R15 there.
At the mo, I’m mulling over the pedal arragement. I try to take help from Audis DTM A4 and the R15. But the picture material is also very rare there. The next days I’ll insert the whole cockpit equipment. The technical regs tell you:
Article 14.1.6 – Equipment in the cockpit
a/ […] Safety equipment and structures, tool kit, seat(s), driving controls, electronic equipment, driver cooling system, ballast, pneumatic jacks, battery(ies), ventilation ducts ;